Resilience is the ability to withstand or recover from difficult situations. It includes our capacity to make the best of things, cope with stress and rise to the occasion. This workshop offers practical training in skills, strategies and insights that help our resilience grow.
Drawing on research from Positive Psychology and the plot structure of adventure stories, we will look at four key skills that raise our resilience:
Visioning skills that strengthen our sense of purpose by helping us see, and then head for, the outcomes that attract us.
Creative problem-solving skills that help us find a path through the obstacles in the way.
Positive relationship skills that enhance our ability to find allies and draw in the support we need.
Emotional intelligence skills that raise our capacity to work with our emotions, so that we can benefit from the guiding signals and energy they offer.
The day will involve a mix of tutor presentation, personal reflection, guided exercises and group discussion. The goal is to increase each participant’s ability to draw upon the resilience they need in their lives.
Resilience is the capacity to identify and effectively express emotions. It is fundamental to a rewarding, happy life.
The objectives of the workshops are to:
- Improve cooperation and peaceful interaction between participants.
- Improving the motivation to play, problem solving and positive attitude to others.
- Enhance positive expectations.
- Enhance impulse control (in relation to aggressive behaviour and/or risk taking behaviour.
- Enhance capacity and awareness about self-protection and protection of peers.
- Improve Health of Body and Brain.
- Improve Memory.
- Improve EQ and IQ.
- Improve Creativity and Imagination.
- Improve Time Management.
- Balancing Left and Right Brain.
- Improve concentration;
- Improve their confidence and social skills;
- Give greater self regulation;
- Help them to self soothe.
- It can be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ! Assisting you to develop emotional resilience that can also improve the parent-child, student-teacher, boss-subordinate relationship and improve your confidence.
Resilience (‘Your Friend for Life’) is the anxiety prevention programme delivered with over 15 years of comprehensive research evaluation and practice.
Would you like your child to learn strategies to boost resiliency, self esteem, stress management and problem solving skills?
See an improvement in sense of self worth, confidence, academic output and enjoyment in life?
Resilience (Your Friend for Life) is the world’s leading anxiety prevention programme – helping children build resilience to cope with stress and challenges. The programme teaches cognitive, behavioral, and emotional skills in a small group format.
Held in small groups over 12 x 1.5 hour sessions (after school and weekend sessions available)
The Junior Resilience and Confidence Masterclass for 5-16 year old boys and girls will focus on the early development of:
- Social and Emotional Skills.
- Self Respect.
- How to make friends.
- How to deal with bullies.
- Public Speaking.
- Preparing for and settling in to school socially and emotionally.
Master Your Mind is a unique program for building stress resilience and empowering staff to perform at their peak. Blending psychological skills training with physiological stress management techniques and behavioural change tools, the program provides participants with the knowledge, skills and resources they need to increase self-awareness and respond more effectively to change. They’ll learn how to think more clearly, stay calm under pressure, and sustain a higher level of performance throughout their day.
The Master Your Mind Program is delivered in-house to workplace groups and provides skills-based, experiential learning supported by evidence-based theory and workplace integration tools. The program includes:
- Comprehensive foundation training (part A), and
- A four-week, self-study Skills Enhancement Course (part B).
Part A: Foundation Training
The foundation training session comprises face-to-face training delivered in-house. Participants experience a diverse range of training activities including formal presentation, group discussion, self-reflection & assessment, interactive and challenging group activities, workbook exercises and practical skills training.
Module 1: Building Resilience to Workplace Stress
Module 2: Performance and Recovery
Module 3: Fuelling Resilience
Module 4: Resilient Thinking
Module 5: Integration
Part B: Skills Enhancement Course
The Master Your Mind Skills Enhancement Course is a four-week, self-study program that supports participants to apply their training in their working and personal lives. The course promotes experiential learning and skills integration, and is provided to participants during the foundation training session. The course includes:
- A comprehensive workbook containing:
- Background theory and evidence-based research
- Weekly task lists and goal setting tools
- Resilience technique practice guidelines
- Integration tips and strategies
- Self assessment tools
- Print and web recommended reading
- Eight resilience techniques in mp3 format, and
- Unlimited phone and email support.
Modern busy working life is demanding. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and lose control. Often we run on a half charged battery, struggling to cope with large workloads and high expectations and feeling like we are slowly burning out. In such times of increased expectations, Feel Good resilience wellbeing workshops promise to provide the science and inspiration to support your team to build resilience together with providing valuable yet practical strategies to put into practice so they can perform their best.
Benefits of the workshop are:
- Mindfulness: Coping In A Frantic World
- Build Resilience: Take Control & Sharpen Your Focus
- Take Charge of Your Life: Building Willpower & Perform Your Best
- Harness True Grit: A Mind Makeover
- Build Resilience and Use People Skills To Sharpen Your Edge
- The Art of Problem Solving: Making Confident & Meaningful Decisions
- The Art of Doing Less: Maximising Your Productivity
- Improve Work Life Balance
- Making Stress Your Friend
- Stay Positive – Think Like a Winner
- Quit Smoking.